Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Bump date



This Thursday is baby boy's eviction day and I could not be more ready.  This week has been really rough!  I have been having bad back pain, inconsistent (but strong) contractions and have zero energy.  My kids, on the other hand, have plenty of energy and have been literally jumping off of the walls/going crazy at home.  I have officially lost all control over them.  

Not only have I lost control, but we've hit a little string of bad luck-  Treyman got stung by a bee.  Not once, but twice!  First on his arm, and a few days later on his face.  Both times he swelled up like the little girl on Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.  He also busted his lip open at the playground.  He looked bad.... 

And then there's Charlie... 

The owners of Phil's hotel were in town yesterday, which meant that I would not get to see my husband until 11 pm... So, I thought I would skip cooking duties and treat the boys to a fun dinner at Chick-fil-a. Seconds after getting the food, Charlie says "my tummy hurts," and immediately starts throwing up everywhere-  All over the table/our food, inside my purse, down my leg... It was disgusting.  Thankfully he seems totally fine today, so I'm hoping it was just a fluke and not a stomach bug that will surely be passed on to everyone....

Anyways, back to the bump date:

As of my Dr. Appt today, I am 2 cm dilated, 50% effaced.... In very early stages of labor... In general, I am just feeling very hot and very uncomfortable.  According to the scale, I am also up 44 lbs!  Yikes!  No wonder I am uncomfortable.  I gained 28 lbs with Trey and 34 with Charlie.  Looks like mama will have some work to do post baby... 

A couple of weeks ago, I had a high protien reading in my urine, which is a sign of preeclampsia.  They monitored me for a few days but everything else was normal (blood pressure, no swelling, etc), so, thankfully, I did not have to go in for fetal stress testing and/or early induction.  All looked good today so my doctors are not worried.  Hopefully this little man will be completely healthy like his brothers were. 

My parents are picking up the big brothers tomorrow and taking them to KY for a long weekend.  Maybe then I will find the time to pack my hospital bag?!  I should really get on that soon... 

We have had some fun over the pat couple of weeks- the boys enjoyed their first movie theater experience (Finding Dory):

And some play time at the splash pad and park:



And they enjoyed testing out all of the baby swings and gliders:

Anyways, looks like this is my last bump date ever!!!  Phil took care of business, which means no more babies for us!  Trying hard to enjoy these last few days of pregnancy, but mostly just OVER it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment