Friday, July 22, 2016

Beau Henry

Phil and I welcomed another healthy little guy to our family yesterday at 12:17 pm!  Beau Henry weighed in and 8lbs, 9 oz. and 20.5 inches long.  I was told he has a very large head, so it's a good thing I had a scheduled c! 




Although surgery itself went great, I had a few minor issues post-op that have caused some discomfort-  very low BP resulting in significant dizziness and big bout of nausea and vomitting, which was extremely painful with my abdominal incsision.  I also had some air that got trapped in my back during surgery which has turned into severe gas pain in my back and shoulder area.   It doesn't sound bad, but at the present, it hurts way more than my more obvious injury.... 



Beau is a really chill baby.  He pretty much slept all day, so thankfully I was able to rest and am feeling better, with just the normal post op pain.  I did get up and walk to the bathroom with my nurse without fainting, so that is better than with my other two!  


He is also a big fan of eating!  Within minutes of delivery he had latched and eaten a four-course meal!  I still can't believe he nursed so easily and quickly!    





He is currently getting a bath in the nursery, so I should probably rest while I can.... More updates soon!  Thanks for the well wishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment