Friday, January 9, 2015

Cheers to the new year

Sorry I've been MIA.  I've been trapped in our basement painting.  Just a few touch ups and I will be done!  Yay!

Hope everyone had a great new year!  

2014 was a very challenging year for us. Not bad, but certainly challenging.  Lots of ups and downs: we adjusted to life with a baby AND a toddler, Phil started a new job and spent months away me and the boys, we tried to sell our house (unsuccessfully), we moved to a new state, left our friends, bought a new house, dealt with joys of a double mortgage, spent countless hours packing/unpacking, saw my sister get married, and the list goes on.... 

But here we are entering the new year and I am excited for new beginnings. 

While I love staying home with the boys, it is not easy.   Having a husband who works a lot, and not knowing anyone here has been very isolating and a little lonely for me (I'm not having a pity party, just stating facts).  

So, I decided it was time to get involved.  I've joined a moms' group and am so thankful for the opportunity to meet new people.  I've been really missing my Florida friends (all friends, really) and am super excited to have an avenue to make new friendships here in Nashville!   And, also excited for lots of fun play dates for Trey and Charlie! 

So, cheers to 2015!  Wishing all of our friends and family good health and lots of happiness this year.  

Ps-  below is our niece, Avery, marching in the Rose Bowl parade on New Years' Day!   We are so proud of her! 


No comments:

Post a Comment