Saturday, July 12, 2014

Catching up...

The last of the VA beach pics from my iPhone:





Back at home:



Look who's in the big boy tub!!  Yay Charlie! 




Party on my last day at work.  Bye Tampa Community Hospital!!!  


In the past couple of weeks since Phil moved to Nashville, I've learned four very important things:

1.  Single parenting sucks.  The end. 
2.  It's hard to keep your house "show ready."... And it's harder with 2 kids and 2 dogs...
3. It's hard to pack up your entire house by yourself...And it's harder with 2 kids and 2 dogs... 
And, 4. all of the above is worse when you (and both kids) are sick with the never ending cold (3 weeks!!). 

With that being said, I have survived what was without a doubt the most challenging month of my life.  

Since I could not physically, mentally or emotionally continue doing it all by myself indefinetly, I made the decision to move back in with my parents.   At 31, married, with 2 kids, I never envisioned myself moving back into my childhood home.  But, here I am!  And, very thankful that my parents were up for the houseguests.

On Wednesday, my parents and brother in law came to Tampa (for lunch) and the turned around and helped me relocate back to KY.   My mom and Chad drove the slightly sedated dogs 13 hours straight home in one car, while my dad and I took the boys in my car.   We drove from 1:30-11:30 pm and stopped for the night just outside of chatanooga.  My dad and I got very little sleep thanks to my toddler who woke up during the car to hotel transfer and did not fall asleep again until 3 and did not stop kicking me in his sleep, and, my baby, who wanted nothing to do with the hotel crib and ended up snuggling with grandad ALL night.  Good times. 

We left the hotel by 8 am the next day and arrived at my parents house in KY just after 1.  A long day of driving, but both boys were amazing travelers in the car!  I'm so thankful for that DVD player which entertained Trey for a good portion of the car ride.  Can I get an amen?!  

Peace out, Tampa!! 

We're here!! Phelps and Lochte are diggin' life on the farm. 











No comments:

Post a Comment