Monday, June 23, 2014
Tuesday, June 10, 2014
After a week of "single parenting," my in laws came down to rescue me!!! Taking care of 2 boys, 2 dogs and keeping up with all the chores, shopping etc and keeping the house "show ready" has been kicking my ass. I've loved the extra help the last couple of days and am already dredding their departure.
Tuesday, June 3, 2014
Charlie had his 6 month dr appt!! 6 months already? How did that happen so quickly?
Stats: 19 lb. 6 oz (85%), 28" (76%), head circumference 17.5" (50%)
Schedule: Charlie is not as good of a sleeper as his brother was at this age... He is still waking up at least once/night... Although most nights it's 2-3x... Charlie goes to bed at 730 and sleeps until 2-3 am. Wakes for a feeding and then sleeps again til 5, and then 730. He's up from 730-10, then usually takes a short nap, gets solids and plays until his long afternoon nap around 1:30. His pm nap can range from 1-3 hrs... If it's short, he goes down again for a late afternoon nap around 430-5... If he takes a long nap he is up until bed. Charlie eats dinner around 6 and then goes straight to the tub and bed at 730.
Eating: Charlie still drinks milk primarily, but gets solids twice a day. We are doing traditional purées with some soft solid finger foods mixed in. Charlie has pretty much tried all the veggies, as well as chunks of avocado, banana, berries. Charlie grabs a spoon and takes it right to his mouth! And he gets angry if you aren't assisting fast enough! This boy likes his food.
Play: Charlie is super vocal and is currently into squealing very loudly. He is starting to sit independently, although a little unsteady. His favorite things are: watching his big brother (Charlie constantly laughs/smiles/watches Trey) and taking a bath. This man is a real maniac in the tub! :)
Sunday, June 1, 2014
I know people say that you see the most changes in the first year... Physically, I guess I agree. Babies go from a lump to a (kind of) walking, talking person. It's pretty incredible, really. But, I have to say, in the past 6 months, Trey has BLOWN me away with his development. Not just physically, but cognitively. He is so communicative now. I can have full on conversations with him. He problem solves, requests things w/ full sentences, answers questions and tells stories when looking at books or watching a familiar movie. He can even sing the whole "Fly, Eagles, Fly" anthem. Phil is one proud papa!
This next part is mostly for me, but I wanted to share some of the cute things Trey says/does:
1. He wakes up and says, "Helloooo is anybody home? I'm up!" Followed quickly by, "Daddy, Mommy, waaaaake uuuup!"
2. We were working on big/little, boy/girl and had a funny conversation... Trey points to Charlie and said, "Charlie's boy." I replied, "Yes, he's a little boy. You are a big boy." He looks at me and asks, "Mama boy?" I replied, "No, Mama's a girl." He sits there for a second and responds, "BIIIIIG girl." Ha! It was too cute to be offended. Although, for the record, he later saw Courtney Cox on tv on Friends re-run and said, "Mommy's on tv!" That was so much nicer to hear ;)
3. He loves his sword and shield and will chase the dogs around saying "All for one, and one for all!" Phelps is completely terrified by the sword... and Lochte is clueless. He also loves to take his sword and look for "bad guys" and "scary monsters."
4. He loves his brother soo much. If Charlie is laying down on a blanket, Trey will lay next to him and say "Aww, Charlie's sooo cute!" or "Baby Charlie loves me" or "Charlie's happy." When Charlie is laughing he says, "Charlie's laughing. Trey's funny!"
5. Trey has been potty training. He is super aware of diapers and underpants and likes to point out when other kids have "stinky diapers." He also saw a little boy getting changed at the park and ran up to him, points at his bottom and said, "Clean your tukus!"
6. "Me do it! Me do it! Trey's turn!" I hear this phrase about 300 times a day...
7. Trey is a little social butterfly. He walks up to random kids and says, "Hi! I'm Trey!" Of course, most of them either run away, scream or don't understand him. But that's okay, at least he's friendly!
8. When he eats something he really likes, he says "ummmm, delicious!"
Trey really loves to swim. This is probably his favorite activity of the moment. We have signed him up for swim lessons that will be starting June 9th and I can't wait!
He enjoys chasing birds, catching lizards, blowing bubbles, reading books, swinging, running at the beach, driving the car... and watching movies. Favorite movies include: Findidng Nemo, Mickey Musketeers, and the Land Before Time. Favorite tv show is Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. We are pretty strick limiting his tv time to about an hr/day, although he ALWAYS asks for more.