Friday, May 18, 2012

Random Ramblings

1.  I mentioned in a previous post that I have been working... a lot.  Waaay more than I would like to be.  I'm hoping this is very temporary situation, as they recently let go a co-worker and are currently trying to fill the full time SLP position. 

2.  I have been staying up really late and waking up in the middle of the night to pump (my supply is sadly running out... I mainly blame point 1., but also for the fact that he is eating more at each feeding).   Even though I am very thankful I was able to breastfeed, and hope to continue for a few more months, I truly find this Time magazine cover very disturbing:


I know each parent does things differently, and I really try not to judge other people's parenting styles....  but I think this is going just a little COMPLETELY over the top.  It's time to cut the chord, lady.

3.  I have been waking up extra early to run with my friend, Erica, before work and before Trey wakes up.  Since I want to spend some time with Trey after work, 5 am is the only time I can find to exercise.  And lord knows I won't do it alone.  Erica has to be one of the bubbliest and energetic people I know.  I LOVE having a workout buddy... it's so motivating... but NO ONE should have that much energy at 5 am... this morning I wanted to hurt her...badly. (I'm completly kidding-- well.... I'm kinda kidding). 

4.  Between working long hours, fighting traffic, pumping, exercising and taking care of the babe, dogs, hubs and house,  I am truly exhausted.  I mean really, really exhausted.  I've never been a big sleeper.   I can count on one hand the number of naps I've taken in my adult life, all of which were during pregnancy when I felt like death.   I decided to take the day off work today to recharge my battery and clean the house.  I put Trey in his jumperoo and decided to lay down on the couch and watch him play...just for a minute.  I must have PASSED OUT because I woke up an hour and a half later and Trey was still in his jumperoo.  The poor boy must have followed my lead, because he was face planted in his toys... sound asleep.

5.  I hate loathe car salesmen.  And, really, the whole car buying process.  It is overwhelming and terrible.  I wish I could just buy it online and have it delivered like everything else I buy... 

6.  Phil is replacing the docks out back with the faux wood.  The kind that is supposedly weather resistant and will last forever.  We shall see... But, I really like the way it looks!

7.  We got a sneak peak at some family photos we had done in KY.  I love them and can't wait to share them with you!

8.  We are contemplating a couples vacation in November with some of our good friends.  Until last year, when I was 9 months pregnant, we took a mini vacation every November.  It is our anniversary and Phil's birthday month, and is the most beautiful weather here in FL.  My MIL has volunteered to babysit Treyman  (and, yes, I am already dreading leaving my baby for a few days).  Now the only question is:  where to go?  We have been weighing some options, but I am heavily leaning towards a 4 day cruise to Mexico (leaving out of the Tampa port).  Mainly because they are cheap and we don't have to fly anywhere.  Anyone have any long weekend get-a-way suggestions? 

9.  My DVR is so backed up it's not even funny.  Phil is working all weekend, so cleaning it off is on my to-do list over the next couple of days.  Looking forward to my favs:  Greys, Modern Family, Survivor, Amazing Race, Bachelorette, The Office, Top Chef, Scandal...  I've heard good things about Sister Wives and Justified, but haven't been able to get into either... 

There ya go... a whole lot of nothing.  Hope you have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment