Friday, January 13, 2012

(Belated) New Year's Resolutions

I know, I know... it's a little late for new year's resolutions-- but better late than never, right?  Here are a few I'd like to share.  Hopefully by posting this, I will be held accountable by friends and family (ahem, that would be you...).


1.  Be a good wife, mom, sister, daughter and friend.  I am a HORRIBLE at keeping in touch.  I'm really not much of a phone-caller, texter, emailer, etc.  My best attempt at keeping everyone up to date on my life is through the blog, but that's very one-sided.  I want to know what's going on in your life.  So, expect more phone calls and Skype dates in the future!



2.  Loose the dreaded baby weight.  Right after the baby, before the holidays, I got down to +5 lbs from pre-baby weight.  But thanks to all of the holiday goodies, I'm now closer to +10... or 13.  Whatever.  Darn Christmas cookies!

Which brings be to #3 and #4...



3.  The ever dreaded-- exercise more.  This is one I struggle with the most, which is funny, because I actually like to exercise.  I just feel like I never have time (bad excuse, right?).  I'd rather be hanging out with hubby or friends (and now baby)... basically, I'm just not motivated by myself.   I really haven't consistently worked out since my college swimming days (which ended almost 7 years ago, YIKES!). 

I go through fitness spurts, but I'm really hoping to make a lifestyle change in 2012.  Not only is it important for my health, I want to set a good example of an active lifestyle for our son.  I've been pretty motivated so far, but let's hope it continues as the year goes on....



4.  Cook more, eat out less.  Again, a repeat from 2011.  I did a great job sticking to this one last year and hope to keep it up in the new year!  I feel like I've become a much better cook and prepared some pretty yummy meals for my familiy!  If you have some (healthy) recipes, please feel free to send them my way @ becky.mcgaughey@gmail.com



5.  Save money.  Have you seen the cost of college these days?!?  We've always set a (very loose) budget, but with another person and less income coming in, it is more important than ever to cut back our excess spending and put our pennies in the bank....   Extereme couponing, anyone?



6. Keep my house clean (er).  With a baby running around, I would like my house to be as germ-free as possible... although, with my two dogs, I am perfectly okay with settling for "not completely disgusting." 



7.  Volunteer more. I grew up volunteering with my church at the HOPE center for the homeless and doing mission work for Habitat for Humanity...   I am completely ashamed at how little I've done to give back to my community in recent years... especially when I know how fortunate I am.  My goal is to do one community service project a month.  If you have any recommendations for organizations, again, feel free to send it my way.   

No comments:

Post a Comment