Saturday, July 23, 2011

HHI Vacation

Phil and I just got back from a wonderful week at Hilton Head Island, SC with Phil's family.   Hilton Head is a special place to me, because that is where my family vacationed for many years, so I was excited to share that special place with my in-lawed family.

We crammed a lot in a week, and even managed to make two day trips.  One, to historic Savannah, GA, where we shopped down by the riverfront and did a trolley tour around town.  And the second, to Charleston, SC, where the group went to Fort Sumter, while I stayed in the A/C and got to visit with one of my best friends, Shelby, who just moved to Charleston last month.

HHI highlights included: beach/pool time, good food, tennis lesson for the girls, outlet shopping (baby Z scored big time), a 6 hour deep sea fishing trip (in which almost everyone got sea sick... thankfully, I was NOT on that excursion), and family beach pictures. 


View from the condo



Tati and Avery trying out the boogie boards


Tad, Avery and Tati looking for shells


22 weeks!

Charleston

Getting off the ferry, coming back from Fort Sumter (Charleston, SC)


The girls outside Hudsons (my favorite place to eat on HHI).

Who has the bigger belly???? 


Harbor Town on HHI

Pool/Beach day


Fishing Charter boat



Historic Savannah

Tati helped reel in this nice Cobia-- YUMMM!!!

Family Photo (minus Tad) at the lighthouse

Tennis Lesson


Bridge in Savannah


I would write more, but I am exhausted... vacation really wears you out!!!  I will post some of the professional pictures when we get the disc back from the photographer!

No comments:

Post a Comment