Thursday, June 9, 2011

Week 16

Every time I turn around I feel like I'm writing another weekly update. It's crazy how fast time is going (now that I feel better).

Today marks the beginning of week 16!
 
What to expect.com says, "The bones that are now in place in his ears means he can probably hear your voice as you talk to your partner and pals and sing in the car. While he’s getting used to your voice, the tiny muscles in his body, especially the ones in his back, are gaining strength, so he can straighten out a little more. And thanks to his developing facial muscles, your baby is capable of making a few expressive frowns and squints, even at this early stage. And his eyes are finally working, making small side-to-side movements and perceiving light (although the eyelids are still sealed)."

Like I mentioned above, overall, I am feeling much better. And, with the exception of the embarrassing car vomiting incident on Monday night, I haven't thrown up in 2 whole weeks!

I have started to develop daily headaches. Most of them aren't that bad, however, I have had two major migraines (which run in my maternal family, but I've never had before)... My doctor said this is all normal thanks to the OD of hormones. Tylenol has been able to manage the little headaches during the workday, but, it doesn't even come close to touching the migraines. Hopefully there won't be many more of those!

My belly is growing fairly rapidly now. Believe it or not- I'm still in normal pants-- but not for much longer. It's almost belly band time!



Food is my new best friend. I am hungry all the time! Cravings have started to shift from "MEAT" to "SWEETS." I haven't really had dessert in the past few months, but have recently been CRAVING popsicles and ice cream.   Some of that I blame on this weather--  it is HOT, HOT, HOT here in FL, and ice cream is so refreshing!

1 comment: