Friday, June 17, 2011

Bad Breath

It's no secret that our bad boy has a very bad case of very bad doggy breath.  And he LOVES breathing IN YOUR FACE.  The closer, the better... Thanks to my crazy hormones and heightened sense of smell, I have barely been able to stad his stinch in recent weeks.  He just doesn't understand why I am constantly pushing his head away from my face... 

We've tried dental bones, mint flavored chew toys, Puppa-mints (an actual dog breath mint)....  nothing seems to keep the bad breath away for more than a few minutes.  So, tonight (seeing as it is Friday night, Phil is working, and I have nothing better to do), I thought it would be a good idea to try brushing his teeth.

I know you are supposed to brush your dog's teeth (with special dog toothpaste) fairly routinely, but we don't.   They get it done everytime they are at the vet for routine shots and/or boarding, etc.  Apparently, that's not enough to keep Lochte's breath minty fresh. 

My first attempt was pretty unsuccessful.  Brushing his teeth is defintely a two person job....He was TERRIFIED.  Once I finally got him down, I tried to get the brush to his teeth and he started howling at me.  Not growlng.  HOWLING, like a wolf.  He then ran under the kitchen table where he stayed for the next 3 hours and would not come out.   What a drama queen! 

Guess we'll try again tomorrow....


  

No comments:

Post a Comment