Thursday, June 30, 2011

19 weeks

19 down, 21 to go!

Baby's development according to whattoexpect.com:  "Have you ever seen a mango dipped in cheese? Well, that's what your baby looks like this week due to a little growth spurt and a substance called vernix caseosa. This greasy white stuff covers your baby's skin, protecting it from the surrounding amniotic fluid. (Without it, she'd look totally wrinkled as she entered the world.) The vernix sheds as delivery approaches, though some babies still sport a bit of the coating at birth."    Eeeww.  Gross!
My pregnancy symptoms have been pretty mild the past few weeks.  I am starting to have some low back pain and lower abdominal achiness when I walk too much (from the stretching ligaments), and I still have to go to the bathroom 50,000 times a night.... but nothing I can't deal with.

Something exciting did happen for the first time this week-  I felt baby Z move!  I'm not sure if it was a kick or just some moving, but the other night there was definitely a lot of activity.  It's hard to describe at this point, but my stomach was fluttering!

I'm not having any cravings anymore and feel like I am eating fairly normally again.  I still have a slight aversion to green peppers (of all things), but, overall, am eating much more balanced meals.  And, I am up about 7-8 pounds from my starting weight! 

In other news, I am looking forward to this holiday weekend and the upcoming week.  My parents are flying in TONIGHT. we are finally starting our bathroom renovation on Monday, and then we find out Baby Z's sex on WED!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment