Saturday, May 28, 2011

SECOND TRIMESTER

Thursday was my 28th birthday.  More importantly, it was also the start of the SECOND TRIMESTER!!!  I never thought this day would get here!  And, just like the books said, it has started off GREAT (knock on wood).  I'm currently 14 weeks, 3 days in and have not had a single vomiting episode in 3 glorious days!  The nausea is still there off and on, but, as long as my face isn't stuck in the toilet, I am pretty happy.

Baby Z is now the size of a clinched fist.  Sorry no food references this week!  He/she is growing hair all over to keep warm until he/she starts to put on baby fat (this will be gone by birth) and the hard and soft palates are forming (the roof of the mouth).

My hormones haven't been too crazy.  I've heard stories of women crying over sandwiches, coin tosses at football games and silly things like that (ahem, Molly).  Thankfully, I'm not acting any crazier than I normally do (Phil is very thankful for this, too).

My appetite is definitely surging.  I'm hungry all the time.  And, I'm eating like a horse.  Despite the vomiting the past 6 weeks, I am right on track for weight gain.  It's recommended to gain 4-6 lbs in the first trimester, and I weighed in at +5... which feels more like 15.   The baby bump is visible now, although I am still able to fit into my regular pants/shirts...Pictures coming soon, I promise...

Sleep is good, but I'm more restless than before.  I wake up about 2 times a night to pee, and another 2-4 times because of strange dreams or hunger pains.  I have had a few midnight snacks the past several nights... last night Phil even joined me for some 2 am leftovers!

The dogs definitely know something is up.  Lochte has known for weeks.  He lays with me and puts his head on my belly.  The other day I woke up from a nap on the couch to him literally licking my stomach.  HA.  Weird dog. Phelps just knows I've been sick.  She sits next to me when I'm throwing up and curls up at my feet when I sleep.  And, it has been over a month since they've gotten into ANYTHING around the house!!  Not even the mail!   

1 comment:

  1. Oh I remember the late night snacks. :) Pregnancy just makes you SO hungry!

    ReplyDelete