Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Phelps Update

With the stress of everything going on with Phelps, I called off work today (for the 2nd time in 3.5 years).  I've been so upset.  I don't think I can physically cry any more today.  I'm pretty thankful Phil is working so he can't see how muchn of a mess I am.  I'm also thankful that Lochte doesn't care how much of a mess I am, he still wants to cuddle on the couch with me.

I've been pretty unproductive today- waiting by the phone for updates.  And so far this is what I know:  Phelps is still in the ICU, but has shown a little bit of improvement.  She had an ultrasound this afternoon which came back CLEAR!  Which means: no ulcer!  One less concern for the time being....

The doctor is also monitioring her liver function and said that it has slightly improved, thanks to the IV fluids.  She said Phelps is very lucky to have survived all of this, so far. 

The vet is also going to try to give her something to eat tonight.  I'm taking that as a good sign, and I know that Phelps will do her best to eat whatever is served.  She's not picky.

Phil and I are going back to visit her after dinner tonight because she is still in "critical condition."  Here's hoping that this is the first of several positive updates. 

No comments:

Post a Comment