Sunday, March 20, 2011

MARCH MADDNESS

Phil and I have been very fortunate for some of the cool events we've gotten to go to here in Tampa. We've seen: the Rays clench the ALCS against the Red Sox in 2008, the Phillies win game 1 of the World Series against the Rays in 2008, we've seen "the Boss," Bon Jovi, Jimmy Buffet, Black Eyed Peas, No Doubt, a 7 round shoot-out with the Lightning and Flyers, the Outback Bowl (three times), spring training Phillies games, Pitt vs. USF football and basketball games, Cirque du Solei, etc. etc. You get the point.

Well, yesterday, we added another exciting event to the list: 2 NCAA tournament games!!!

To make this statement BETTER, I got to see UK beat West Virginia, who knocked them out of the tournament last year to make it into the Final Four.  Looks like UK is headed for the Sweet Sixteen!






We ALSO got to see the  UCLA vs. University of Florida game.  I was pulling for UCLA for my CA cousins, but, they just couldn't pull it out.  I HATE UF for 99% of the year, but always try to show support for the SEC in the tournament.  So, although I wanted UCLA to win, I wasn't totally disappointed about the UF win. 





My bracket is shot now, thanks to the Butler upset over Pitt last night (Sorry, Tad).   I'm not sure how this happens, but every year when filling out my brackets I have UK winning the whole thing.  Go figure.

Maybe next year I will just pick the coolest mascot. 



I think this guy looks like a winner....



UK's next stop:  the Overall No. 1 seed: Ohio State.  Hoping for another No. 1 seed upset (Sorry, again, Tad) to make it into the Elite Eight!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment