Monday, February 7, 2011

A SUPER Sunday

Was it really hard fo anyone else to wake up this morning?!  I could have used an extra hour or two in bed today!

We had a great time at Bret and Leanne's Super Bowl party... made even better by tons of food, home-made sangria and a GB win   (I refuse to cheer for ANYONE from Miami of Ohio.... but especially a criminal like big Ben).





I love football... but to me, the Super Bowl is all about the performances and commercials... Can you believe Christina Aguigulera botched the National Anthem lyrics?  Instead of singing "O'er the ramparts we watched, were so gallantly streaming," she sang "What so proudly we watched at the twilight's last gleaming."  Opps!

I had very mixed opinions about the halftime show.  I'm a big black-eyed peas fan... but they didn't really do it for me last night.  Visually, I liked the look and the choreography, but auditorily (is that a word?) they weren't too impressive.  Fergie (who I love) sounded TERRIBLE.  I thought the halftime highlight was the Usher singing/dancing cameo.  He is amazing!!!



I did think there were some really cute commercials... I don't remember them all, but I really liked a few of the Dorito, Volkswagon, Pepsi and the Bridgestone ad...







No comments:

Post a Comment