Saturday, January 15, 2011

(Belated) New Year's Resolutions

I know, I know.  I'm a little late for this, but I have decided to make some goals for 2012.  Hopefully by sharing these, I will hold myself a little more accountable... 


1.  Be a good mom and wife. 


2.  Loose the baby weight.  I am making slow progress in this area.  I was only up about 5 lbs before the holidays, but added several pounds over the last few weeks.  Darn holiday cookies!  I currently have about 10 pesky pounds to loose...


3.  Keep my house clean (er).  With a baby running around, I want it to be as germ-free as possible (although, with two dogs, I'll settle for "not completely disgusting"!).  Keeping things clean has been very easy during my maternity leave, but I imagine it will get much harder when I go back to work... and even harder as Trey becomes more mobile. 

4.  Save money.  This was a big one in 2011.  I think we did a good job, but now we have another person and less income coming in, so I felt the need to include it in this years' goals, as well.  Extremne couponing, anyone?


5.  Stay in touch with family and friends.  I'm not the best phone-caller, texter, emailer.  Blogging is my best attempt to keep people up to date on my life, but I want to do a better job knowing what is going on in your life.  Expect more phone calls in 2012!

6.  The ever annoying-- exercise more.  I've been saying it for years, but I am desperately wanting to get back in shape.  I've gone through fitness spurts, but haven't consistently worked out since my college swimming days.  I'm looking to make a lifestyle change in 2012.  I want to set a good example for my son and teach him the importance of good health and exercise.  I'm super motivated right now, so hopefully that will continue on...


7.  Cook more at home, eat out less.   Again, a repeat from 2011.  I did well with this last year and have been doing very well with this so far in 2012.  Cooking is not my favorite, but eating is!  And I'm happy to say, I'm getting much better at making yummy, healthy meals for my family!


8.  Volunteer/Give back.  Growing up, I always used to volunteer with my church at the HOPE Center for the homeless and participate in mission projects, such as habitat for humanity.  It was such a rewarding experience.  I'm ashamed at how little I've done to give back in recent years...  I'm very fortunate and need to make time to give to others.  I'm looking into a couple organizations, but feel free to make some recommendations!  My goal is to do some sort of community service at least once a month...

No comments:

Post a Comment