Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is here!!!

Phil and I have a lot to be thankful for this year.  There was a "30 day blog challenge" going around where you are supposed to post something everyday in the month of November that you are thankful for.  I knew I would not have time to participate in this year, so instead I'm combining all 30 into 1 post...

I am thankful for (in no particular order):

1.  Good health. 
2.  Our families, and getting to spend some QT with them this holiday season.
3.  Having a JOB (as much as I sometimes hate working, I am very thankful for a steady income...)
4.  The roof over our heads, even though ours is still leaking...
5.  For not one, but two HD cable televisions with DVR capabilities. 
6.  UK basketball
7.  Our dogs.  Yes, they are sometimes bad, but they are still the best companions after a long day.  They never judge and give unconditional love.  No wonder they are "man's best friend."  
8.  My handy husband, who is constantly fixing things around our old house.
9.  The U.S. military, who fights everyday to protect our freedom.
10.  My two beautiful nieces.
11.  Vacation.
12.  Airplanes, and the fact that they can take me anywhere I want/need to go.
13.  Skype.  It helps me stay connected with relatives that live far away...like in Africa.
14.  The Ocean and beach.  Pretty much my favorite thing ever.  I'm so blessed that I live someplace where I can enjoy it as often as I choose.
15.  Photographs.  They help document "the nights I can't remember with the friends I'll never forget." 
16.  The mild Florida winters and being able to wear flip flops year round.
17.  The sound of laughter.
18. Our security system, our dogs, and the cop that lives down the street.  They make me feel safe on the nights when Phil has to work late and I'm home alone.
19.  Chillis' Happy hour. 1/2 price drinks and free endless chips and salsa.... this also makes me thankful for taxi drivers who keep people who have gotten a little too "happy" safe on their way home.
20.  Hot food on a cold night.  Especially when it's food I didn't have to cook!
21.  My fabulous friends- near and far.
22.  Sales!  Nothing better than saving a few hard earn dollars.
23.  Spending time with my favorite girls.  Girls' Night Out and sister slumber parties are the BEST. 
24.  Disney movies.  You are never too old to enjoy these...
25.  The Bluegrass state-  horse farms, rolling hills, Keeneland.  B-E-A-UTIFUL.
26.  The very rare "lazy" Saturday with Phil and the dogs.
27.  The smell of fresh flowers and baking cookies.  Not necessarily together.
28.  The memories I have of my Grandma, who passed away in April.
29.  Pier One, Crate and Barrel, Home Depot and Lowes.  They have helped turn our house into our home.
30.  The many adventures/obstacles Phil and I will face in the upcoming year.

I really feel like I could go on forever, but I won't.  Instead, please take a moment today and give thanks for all of the blessings in your life.  And, be sure to eat LOTS of turkey.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment