Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Step One

I must really be serious about this masters swimming thing.  It's been about 2 weeks and I'm still on the swimming kick.  I'm seriously contemplating getting back in the water, for real.  Two weeks is generally plenty of time for me to change my mind... several times.... so I'm taking this as a sign.

This week, I focused my efforts on step one: research.  Dorky, yes, but I decided the best plan of attack was to start a spreadsheet to compare things like: price, practice schedule, location, etc.

I started with a google search, which only yielded a few local teams... I was a little disappointed (and surprised) that there aren't more masters teams in this area. The established teams are really far north (New Tampa) or really far west (Clearwater). Both much too far a distance to drive before/after work.

Location narrowed my already small list down to 4.  So, I contacted those 4 teams for more information.

Of the 4 teams, 2 programs were easily discarded because they were classified as "recreational" and not "competitive."  And, if I'm going to drag myself out of bed and jump in a freezing cold pool in the wee hours of the morning, I want it to be worth my while.


So, after a week of research, I'm down to two possible teams!  TWO TEAMS!!!! There are 10,000 pools in Tampa, and yet there is no place for me to swim?!?  

I'm still waiting to hear back from the other 2 teams.... so cross your fingers that one of them will fit my needs!

No comments:

Post a Comment