Thursday, July 29, 2010

Saying Goodbye

I love my co-workers.  The rehab department is especially close, which is one of the things I like best about my job.  On the flip side, it makes it incredibly difficult when one of us decides to leave.  Recently, we've lost 2 of our fabulous occupational therapists.  Jodi moved to Largo, FL back in June and now Edyie is headin' to  Miami.  

Edyie is by far one of the most unique people I've ever met in my life.  She is so animated and funny (even though I'm not convinced she knows it).  Her witty personality, no-nonsense attitude and salsa dancing will be really missed around the OT gym... we will no longer have our door natzi protecting us from unwanted visitors during our "30 minute" lunch break (usually spent in meetings, or shoveling food down at the computer... gotta stay efficient!). 

Even our patients are sad to see her go.  One patient, refers to her as our "little, black snowflake... so unique!" and another patient, who can not even remember her own name, consistently calls her "Eddie."  That's just how she is.  Gotta love her.

So, we celebrated her final days at Manor Care with Happy Hour and dinner at Carrabbas.  GOODBYE EDYIE! You will be missed.  :(






No comments:

Post a Comment