Friday, July 9, 2010

July 4th

We had a pretty low-key 4th of July this year... between Phil working, the 10 straight days of rain, and having most of our good friends out-of-town for the weekend, we didn't really have anything special planned.

Our biggest plans for the night included walking the dogs and then taking the boat out to the Bay to watch some fireworks (weather permitting). Well, on the 4th, I developed some sort of weird medical condition (surprise, surprise)... My lips swelled up three times their normal size and then began to blister. Not only did I look like I had a really bad botox injection, they really HURT! I was hardly able to talk or eat a thing. And, being a holiday weekend, my doctor's office was closed... leaving me to resort to a walk-in clinic.

Thankfully, a doctor was able to see me and started me on some antibiodics and steriods to reduce the swelling... 3 days later I actually look somewhat normal again. I never knew a cold sore (or 4) could be so painful.

Phil, on the other hand, had a great 4th- $100 worth of fireworks and no wife yelling at him to be careful.

No comments:

Post a Comment