Saturday, June 19, 2010

Meet me in St. Louie

It's good to have friends in high places... or at least have friends who have friends in high places. Turns out a new acquaintance of mine has a great connection to, no other than Tony La Russa (General Manager of the St. Louis Cardinals).

Knowing what a HUGE Cardinal fan my dad is, my new friend offered to call in a favor from Tony. Well, let's just say, you don't have to ask me twice! I quickly jumped on the opportunity. And boy, did he come through BIG TIME!

After a very brief but exciting personal phone call from my new BFF, Tony, and some exchanging of some information, plans were made.

My parents headed off St. Louis this weekend to celebrate their 32nd wedding anniversary, Father's Day, and, of course, watch the 3-game series against Oakland, compliments of the GM. I was assured that Tony personally dropped off their tickets to the "Press and VIP Lobby" and that they would be "taken care of" during their weekend in St. Louis!

I'm kinda bummed I didn't ask for more tickets, so I could join!!!

Anyway, here are some pictures of our last family trip to St. Louis, around 3 years ago...

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear how their trip went!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome!! I bet that was one amazing trip for them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a great weekend! The seats were perfect (under the awning so we were always out of the sun and on Sat out of the quick rain shower!), saw some really good baseball and the Cards won 2 of 3! When we weren't at the stadium we watched some World Cup soccer and a little of the U.S. Open Golf Tourny. Quite the sports weekend!! Thanks Becky & Tony LaRussa!

    ReplyDelete