Friday, June 25, 2010

Guilty Pleasures

I am slightly embarrassed to admit this... but one of my biggest guilty pleasures is watching reality TV. I know most of them are totally stupid, but I totally love them. All of them... especially, the Bachelor/Bachelorette.

Who wouldn't love 25 crazy males/females living in one house, fighting over the attention of 1 man/woman. That's just ASKING for some drama. Even the guys tend to get into some pretty ridiculous "cat fights."

And, I fully admit, I laugh hysterically during the awkward moments with these pragmatically challenged people. It makes me feel like I'm watching an episode of "The Office" (which is one of my favorite non-reality tv shows).

This show tends to bring out the crazy in people. Kasey, one of the current contestants, during this season of the Bachelorette, was actually crazy enough to put a HUGE tattoo on his arm of a shield, a heart and a rose. He said he would always "guard and protect her heart," and that he was "literally, wearing his heart on his sleeve." ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! This was a date AFTER she told him that he needed to back off and just be himself. Thankfully, that was enough to totally freak her out and send him packing home. SEE YA, PSYCHO!

But ultimately, the premise of the show is about finding true love. And everyone knows the best way to do that is through a series of group and individual dates with multiple suitors, while being followed by a television crew, which is then broadcast on national television.

After several whole weeks of dating a slew of people, you are supposed to pick one, get engaged, and live happily ever after. No wonder only 2 out of the 15 couples have made it down the aisle. One guy, proposed to a girl and then turned around weeks later and chose the runner up...Oops!

So, as you can imagine, I was in TOTAL shock, when I heard the latest news... Jake (Season 14 Bachelor), recently broke up with his white-trash fiance, Vienna. Didn't see that one coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment