Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!

"This is the day that the lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it."

Church followed by good food with great friends! Happy Easter!

Since Kerri is a chef, she always goes all out for holiday meals and prepares a ton of gourmet food! I'm getting really spoiled!! Especially since I don't like to cook (Just for the record, I CAN cook, and I DO cook, I just don't enjoy it...).

Anyways, I have a salad that I've made a few times for various potlucks and dinner guests that is always a hit, so I volunteered to bring it and thought that someone out there might enjoy the recipe!

Dressing: combine 2 tblsp sesame seed, 1 tblsp poppy seed, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, 1/2 cup olive oil, 1/4 tsp paprika, 1/4 tsp worcestershire sauce and 1 tblsp minced onion in a bowl. Wisk and chill for 1 hour.

Salad: in a large bowl, combine 10 oz spinach, 1/4 cup of sliced almonds, feta cheese, and sliced strawberries.



It's delicious and nutritious! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment